Two range lights were erected at Miminegash Pond in 1886; they were simply lanterns hanging from masts. The front range stood about 152m (500 feet) south of the shore and the rear range, about a mile away. In 1900, they were converted to enclosed wooden towers with angled sides and painted white. The front range, stationed at the entrance of the pond, stood at 17 feet above high-water mark, while the back, stationed on the beach, at 28 feet. Today, two skeleton towers mark the entrance to the Harbour. The back range has been moved twice to the grounds of a private Kildare cottage.