Summerside Back Range Light
Built in 1895, the Summerside Back Range Light was erected for the benefit of the mail and passenger steamer “Northumberland” and other ships plying between Summerside, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick. A tall, square, tapered, wooden tower, it has a white day mark with a vertical red stripe down the seaward side. The shingled range light was originally an open frame surmounted by a square wooden lantern, enclosed in 1904. It was moved 15.2 m (50 feet) south of its former location in 1913 and was raised in height in 1916.